River Valley Middle School
4334 Marion-Mt. Gilead Rd.
Caledonia, OH 43314
Phone: (740) 725-5700
Fax: (740) 725-5799
School Office Hours: 7:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M.
Mr. Donald W. Gliebe, Principal
Mr. Richard A. Cooper, Assistant Principal/AD
Mrs. Jackie Mooney, Secretary
Mrs. Susie Harbolt, Office Aide
For the latest RVMS news:
follow us on twitter
EVENTS DURING SCHOOL CLOSINGS
Reminder that during school cancellations all activities are canceled including but not limited to games, performances, practices.
DRESS CODE REMINDER
Please review the school dress code with your student. There have been many violations recently. Beginning Tuesday January 19, 2016, dress code violations will be enforced. Please make sure you review the policy in the handbook on Pg. 2 / Section 2. General Information / School Dress Standards.
All clothing must adhere to the following standards:
- Must have a sleeve, show no cleavage and be long enough to be tucked in pants.
- Tube tops, tank shirts, tank dresses, halter and midriff tops and clothing of shear/see through material, are not allowed in school.
- Shorts, dresses and skirts must be hemmed and the hem must be at or lower than their longest fingertip length.
- Skin tight and spandex-type materials, (e.g., Yoga Pants) when worn alone, are prohibited regardless of length. An additional garment needs to be worn over top of any legging that meets the school dress standards.
- Clothing containing holes or tears one ID length above the knee or higher will be deemed inappropriate.
- All undergarments are to be covered at all times.
- Bare feet are not permitted.
- Chains and studded accessories are prohibited.
- Any article of clothing or jewelry that displays, or encourages the use of alcohol, drugs, sex, or profane language and/or gestures, double meaning references or any other unconventional dress will not be permitted at any time.
- Hats or any headwear that covers the head shall not be worn in the building and must be left in the student’s locker. Violators will have their hats confiscated for the day.
- Dark glasses are not to be worn except under written doctor’s orders.
Failure to comply with the dress code guidelines may result in the following action:
FIRST OFFENSE: Warning - student will be asked to change / or will be supplied appropriate clothing.
SECOND OFFENSE: See first offense - followed by detention.
River Valley Local Schools will have a policy of zero tolerance regarding gang activity and the display of any clothing or paraphernalia associated with such activity. Repeat offenders may be suspended and recommended for expulsion.
Thank you for your cooperation.